A WARM WELCOME TO ELWYN’S PRODUCE
We are Elwyn and Ann-Sophie and we are Elwyn’s Produce.
The two of us believe in growing vegetables traditionally, in order to consistently provide the best quality vegetables, which can then be delivered hassle-free directly to your doorstep – straight from the fields here in the Vale of Glamorgan.
Following on from completion of Bachelor’s & Master’s degree in Agriculture we set of to work in commercial agriculture, Elwyn as a Farm Manager and Ann-Sophie as a sales technician. Elwyn’s passion for a different food production led to the vision of a sustainable food system, that promoted healthy food grown in a thriving environment that would also benefit the wildlife.
We hope you appreciate our produce as much as we do and we hope you will experience and appreciate the difference as well – you won’t be disappointed!
WHY ELWYN’S PRODUCE
- We believe in supplying only the best quality and seasonal vegetables.
- We value the environment in which they are produced.
- We farm wildlife friendly for our bees and other useful insects.
- We monitor our surrounding wildlife to ensure our practices beneficially contribute to our environment.
- We are a small vegetables business and very much appreciate our customers.
- You can taste the difference in our vegetables.
- We use minimal packaging.
- Our vegetables are never treated with pesticides or artificial fertiliser.
- We are organically minded and farm the old fashion way – like our grandparents did.
- We strive to bring the most superb vegetables on your plate, as well as the real story behind it, so you know where your food comes from.
WHERE YOU’LL FIND US
- Veg’ Bag delivery to your doorstep – every Thursday
- Cowbridge Food Collective – An online Farmers Market
- Vale of Glamorgan Farmers Market in Cowbridge
- Forage Farm Shop & Kitchen in Cowbridge
A TYPICAL DAY
We wake up with the first sight of light, this is usually quite early during the summertime and then we make a hearty fresh cooked breakfast – which goes very well with fresh brewed coffee for Ann-Sophie and a mug of tea for Elwyn.
After our morning routine, we normally go to the fields, to get some work done. This is depending on the season, normally sowing, planting, transplanting, watering, weeding and of course harvesting on the days before deliveries and markets. In between it is very important to keep our bellies full and our hearts happy. So, we snack on some veg, specially tomatoes during the summer.
Usually we go back to lunch, which we are trying to prepare, so our lunches will not be too long. Sometimes there is a bit of spare time to have a nap, sometimes there isn’t. In the afternoon we try to finish whatever work we started – and use most of the daylight.
We can usually watch some beautiful sunsets from the fields, which is a perfect end to a long day’s work. We then go home and enjoy a fresh home cooked dinner made from the vegetables we raised. And of course, Elwyn must complement them with a steak and a beer.